After completing 6 months of exclusive breastfeed, this is the right time to start weaning – introducing to food other than mother’s milk. Continue to breastfeed till your kid’s second birthday at the least.
As already told, first start with the liquid foods for 2-3 days and then move gradually to other(puree) options.. When introducing new food to a baby, introduce only one new food in a day. If at all you see any odd behavior like vomiting/rashes/motion problems , let your Paediatrician take the call.
The below mentioned food are recommended by my Indian Pediatrician appropriate for this month. But recent recommendations of WHO insists to introduce all food(excluding cow’s milk, honey, salt, sugar) after 6 months completion. It also adds to introduce allergy-prone foods(like citrus fruits, nuts, wheat, egg, fish, berries, melons, brinjal) as early as possible(between 6 to 8 months) to avoid allergies or lessen the impact of allergies, if any. You shall have a discussion about these points with your Pediatrician for more clarity.
Food for 7th month baby:
- Start with foods recommended in 4-6 months(link) for first few days
- Banana smash(click here to know which banana to choose?)
- Finger Millet milk – Ragi paal kanji(link)
- Dal rice(paruppu saadham) – Toor/Moong dal
- Green gram rice(link)
- Veg puree – Carrot(link),Potato,pumpkin(link),sweet potato
- Oats porridge(link) + banana/boiled apple puree(link)
- Sago porridge (Javvarisi kanji)(link)
- Semolina porridge (Ravaa kanji)
- wheat porridge(Godumai kanji)(link)
- Black gram porridge(Ulundhan kanji)
- Dal + Carrot smash(masiyal)
- Banana + Boiled Apple puree(link)
- Boiled Pear puree(link)
- Green beans, carrot,potato with dal
- Yogurt – Banana can be added for natural sweetness
- Sweet potato puree(link)
- Zucchini puree
- Nendhran kaai podi(Raw Nendhran banana powder)
- Cooked Nendhran banana(Riped)(link)
- Peas + Carrot puree(link)
Click here for a sample food chart for 6 months(completed & 7th month running) baby. This chart has daily food bowl pics that I fed to my second baby, Natchathira.