According to me, any woman is beautiful and she becomes more beautiful when she is pregnant. My happiness knew no bounds when I saw 2 red lines in this strip that confirmed my conception!
Nature has given the responsibility of bearing , birthing and breastfeeding the baby to woman as none other than she could do it with perfection,patience and passion.
This is not an additional chore assigned to us, but an additional pleasure gifted exclusively to us .. And we do feel elated for the same .. Don’t we ??!!
Eat healthy in executing the ascribed/accepted deed of pregnancy .. Have a healthy and happy pregnancy 🙂
Never ever skip a meal! U might not be hungry , but the lo(lil one) might be!
Foods to eat during pregnancy:
- Fish and other seafoods
- Yellow bell pepper (Capsicum)
- Brown rice
- Red gram lentil (Masoor dal)
- Beans – Black,white,pinto,kidney,garbanzo and soya beans
- Peas – Black-eyed and chick peas
- Proteins – Pulses(payaru vagaigal),lentils(paruppu vagaigal),beans,egg
- Calcium – Milk, Yogurt(Curd), Buttermilk, Ragi(Finger Millet), Oats, Broccoli, Green beans, Ladies finger, Almonds , Oranges, Dried figs, Sesame seeds
- Whole grains – Quinoa, Whole-wheat, Barley, Brown rice, Corn, Oats and all Millets
- Greens (keerai vagaigal)
- Homemade fresh Cottage cheese(Paneer)
- Unsaturated fats – Vegetable oil, Olives, Avocado, Peanut, Sesame seeds and Nuts(Almonds,Cashew,Pista), Oils(Olive,Sesame,Canola)
- Omega-3 fatty acids – Flax seeds, Walnuts, Kidney beans, Olive oil
- More water for hydration
- Fresh fruits – try to avoid juices as that shoots up insulin and also filters out fibre
Foods to avoid during pregnancy:
- High-mercury fish – large predator fish
- Carbonated/fizzy drinks
- Artificial food colors
- Raw/half-boiled eggs
- Under-cooked sea food like Sushi & smoked sea platters
- Organ meat like liver
- Raw sprouts due to bacterial threat
- Broiler chicken , as suspected to have injected growth hormones
- Non-homemade chips/oily items to avoid reheated oils
- Foods containing preservatives and more salt
- Artificial or preserved juices
- Excessive sweet might cause gestational diabetes
- Unpasteurized cheese/milk
- Caffeinated coffee/tea/chocolate
- Dia free products
- Store-bought salads, might contain bacteria
- Junk food fills the stomach in place of a nutritional alternate
Healthy snacking suggestions:
- Pomogranate – Highly recommended. One bowl a day!
- Dry fig , apricots and raisins
- Walnuts – though the taste is not palatable, it has the most essentially needed omega-3 for the baby. Try having with dates to sweeten the nut!
- Almonds – Soaked overnight and blanched(skin-out)
- Sweet potato
- Whole grains – Bread, popcorn , Sathu maavu laddoo
- Cooked Sprouts
- Millets snacks
- Oat meal