Your little one turned one ..
Back from the B’day fun ??
Hearty Congratulations !!
1 to 2 years – a precious time to witness vast changes. To cope up with the hustle and bustle of the busy schedules of the toddler, dine him/her a variety of foods healthily packed with a variety of nutrients.
Do continue the inestimably precious, mother’s milk. In addition to that, tickle the tiny taste buds with your culinary art !
Caution! My Paediatrician advised to avoid “Honey” till she turns 2 as it might cause “Botulism” . So, Nilaa tasted the delicious drops of honey only at her age of 2 !
Food for 1 to 2 years baby:
- Include all foods introduced till 12th month too(link)
- Cow’s milk
- Dried Figs
- Dried Apricots
- Multi-grains Porridge/Sathumaavu kanji(link)
- Tamarind included recipes can be started gradually
- Feed 1 or 2 spoons of whatever you eat.. Time to accommodate to family food 🙂
* Do not give cow’s milk to babies under 1 year.
* Always filter cow’s milk before boiling as it might have tiny hairs from cow’s nipples
* Boil the milk thoroughly. Do not switch off in the first bubble rising. Boil well until nicely bubbles.
* Reheated milk on the same day of boiling is ok. Avoid giving it on the next day.
* Do not get/store milk in plastic bottle/container.
* If you opt for packet cow’s milk, do get full fat milk for babies.
Click here for a sample food chart for 12 months(completed & 13 months running) baby. This chart has daily food bowl pics that I fed to my second baby, Natchathira. This food chart will give you food ideas for your toddler and also ideas to increase spice level in baby food for a smooth transition to family pot.