Well begun is half-done. Feed variety of nutrition to your baby as the first 5-6 years build a stronger base for the entire life.
Do not judge baby foods with your taste buds. Your hot and spicy tongue cannot compliment bland purees and porridges. Let your baby decide to accept or deny. If your baby denies any food, try again after some days. Leave a break, but keep trying. At one point, baby will accept the food & start liking it..
Green Peas Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Fresh Peas – 2 tbsp
Cooked Rice – 2 tbsp
Carrot – 1/4
Mint Leaves – 2
Jeera powder – 1 pinch
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
1.Peel out fresh peas. Wash and cut few pieces of carrot. Add 2 fresh mint leaves.2.Add jeera powder and turmeric powder. Add water till immersing level.3.Cook for 2 whistles. Open the lid once pressure is completely released out.4.Add cooked rice and puree it using blender/mixer/potato masher.
Add melted ghee, mix well and let it cool. Once it is warm enough to feed, add 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice, mix well & feed immediately.
- If you use mixie, don’t make a smooth puree. Textured purees train the babies to chew sooner. I always prefer potato masher.
- Rice is optional. You shall just puree the veggies and feed as such.
- Select bottom rice from cooker/vessel as it will be softer than the top layer.
- If rice is not mushy, first cook the veggies for 1 whistle, then add cooked rice to it and cook for 1 more whistle.
- Avoid adding salt for babies below 1 year.
- If you don’t have cooked rice, you shall take out the cooked veggies, mash it well using potato masher & keep separate. Use the veggies cooked water to dissolve any porridge mix(Rice+Fried gram/pottukadalai powder(link) or Rice+Moong dal powder(link)), add more water if required and cook for 4 to 5 mins. Then add the mashed veggies to it and cook for one more min.
- Mother’s milk is sufficient for babies till 6 months.
Green peas – Protein, Dietary fiber, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamins A,B & C
Carrot – Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Fiber, Vitamins A & C
Mint Leaves – Phosphorus, Zinc, Dietary Fiber, Vitamins A,B,C, Folates, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese
Leave a Reply