Well begun is half-done. Feed variety of nutrition to your baby as the first 5-6 years build a stronger base for the entire life.
Do not judge baby foods with your taste buds. Your hot and spicy tongue cannot compliment bland purees and porridges. Let your baby decide to accept or deny. If your baby denies any food, top it with mother’s milk(the most addictive liquid) and try again to see the magic!
Green Peas Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Fresh Peas – 2 tbsp
Cooked Rice – 2 tbsp
Carrot – 1/4
Mint Leaves – 2
Jeera powder – 1 pinch
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
1.Peel out fresh peas. Wash and cut few pieces of carrot. Add 2 fresh mint leaves.2.Add jeera powder and turmeric powder. Add water till immersing level.3.Cook for 2 whistles. Open the lid once pressure is completely released out.4.Add cooked rice and puree it using blender/mixer. Add water or mother’s milk to thin out the consistency.
- Use mixie if you want a smooth puree.
- Rice is optional. You shall just puree the veggies and feed as such.
- Select bottom rice from cooker/vessel as it will be softer than the top layer.
- If rice is not mushy, first cook the veggies for 1 whistle, then add cooked rice to it and cook for 1 more whistle.
- Avoid adding salt for babies below 1 year.
- Mother’s milk is sufficient for babies till 6 months.
Green peas – Protein, Dietary fiber, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamins A,B & C
Carrot – Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Fiber, Vitamins A & C
Mint Leaves – Phosphorus, Zinc, Dietary Fiber, Vitamins A,B,C, Folates, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese