Nendhran Banana is called the “King of Bananas” and it supplies essential nutrients to your little Prince/Princess. It also provides enormous energy to the little engine. Adds shiny skin over the chubby cheeks 😉 Imparts happy mood to the crying cuckoo..
Cooking Nendhran banana is not only good for digestion, but also it uplifts the taste and nutrients in it. Cooking this variety of banana is recommended till 8 years of age to get the maximum benefits.
Nendran Banana Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Nendran Banana – 1
Milk – 1 tbsp(Optional – Refer notes)
1.Wash Nendran Banana with skin. Pour some water in idli pot. In steamer plate or in normal idli plate, place the banana, cover with lid and cook for 10+ mins until it becomes soft. You shall check by inserting a knife or fork.2.Cut out the tail part and peel off the skin. Cut vertically in the centre and remove the seeded parts.3.Grind in mixie. Then add some milk and grind smooth. Refer notes..
- Use Breast Milk or Formula Milk till 1 year of age. After 1 year, boiled cow’s milk can be used.
- Mixing breastmilk with food is not recommended as babies have to taste the real flavors of food. But, my baby didn’t eat this variety of banana at all. So, I took an exception and added breastmilk to it and she had. The choice is yours !
- Ideally, you shall just cook this banana, mash with fork/spoon/hand and feed as such.
- Seeds might upset little tummy. Remove seeds till 2 years of age.
- Always choose ripe banana with some black spots on the skin. Do not give over-ripen ones as it might be spoiled at times.
- You shall cut into two pieces before steaming for faster cooking.
- Some prefer to cook this banana in boiling water. But, that might lose some nutrients in the water.
Nendran Banana – Dietary Fiber, Potassium, Folates, Vitamins A,B,C,E&K