Nendhran Banana is called the “King of Bananas” and it supplies essential nutrients to your little Prince/Princess. It also provides enormous energy to the little engine. Adds shiny skin over the chubby cheeks 😉 Imparts happy mood to the crying cuckoo..
Cooking Nendhran banana is not only good for digestion, but also it uplifts the taste and nutrients in it. Cooking this variety of banana is recommended till 8 years of age to get the maximum benefits.
Nendran Banana Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Nendran Banana – 1
Milk – 1 tbsp
1.Wash Nendran Banana with skin. Pour some water in idli pot. In steamer plate or in normal idli plate, place the banana, cover with lid and cook for 10+ mins until it becomes soft. You shall check by inserting a knife or fork.2.Cut out the tail part and peel off the skin. Cut vertically in the centre and remove the seeded parts.3.Grind in mixie. Then add some milk and grind smooth.
- Use Breast Milk or Formula Milk till 1 year of age. After 1 year, boiled cow’s milk can be used.
- Do not give the same smooth texture for years. Start with smooth texture and slowly month by month, change the texture by changing the smashing method from mixie to blender, then to spoon/fork and finally to hand-mashed food.
- Milk is used just to thin out. For older babies, you shall just cook banana, mash and feed as such.
- Seeds might upset little tummy. Remove seeds till 2 years of age.
- Always choose ripe banana with some black spots on the skin. Do not give over-ripen ones as it might be spoiled at times.
- You shall cut into two pieces before steaming for faster cooking.
- Some prefer to cook this banana in boiling water. But, that might lose some nutrients in the water.
Nendran Banana – Dietary Fiber, Potassium, Folates, Vitamins A,B,C,E&K