Avocado is so creamy and when mixed with banana, a fruit sweetener babies would love to have more. Avocado is full of “good” fats! It is much more needed for growing babies.
After 1 year, you shall just mash it with spoon and feed. But my 4 year kid still enjoys this smooth texture and wants me to puree in mixie every time 😉 Click this link of my Instagram page to peek into cane-sugar topped Mash. Include Avocado in kid’s diet till their teen ages.
Avocado Banana Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Avocado – 1 tbsp
Banana – 1/2
Milk – 1/4 cup
1.Wash Avocado and cut into 2 vertically. Scoop out a spoonful of flesh.2.Peel the skin of banana and cut half. Cut them further into 3-4 pieces. 3.In a mixie jar, add banana, avocado and required milk. Blend to desired consistency.
- Choose ripe Avocado. The outer skin should be fully brown. Still, it should be firm to see and touch(gently) and should not have any dents. It should neither be hard nor be too loose if you press with a finger.
- De-pit(Remove the seed of) Avocado. Scoop out all the flesh including light and dark green ones. Throw away the outer skin. Once cut, I usually do not refrigerate this fruit, due to browning. I too like to have this puree. So, I make with whole fruit and enjoy with my kid 😉
- It is easy to take out the flesh using spoon. So, do not use knife.
- Prefer ripe and sweet banana.
- For babies below 1 year, use mother’s milk/formula milk. Cow’s milk can be used for 1+ years babies.
Avocado – Dietary Fiber, Good fats, Protein , Potassium, Magnesium, Iron , Calcium, Folates, Vitamins A,B&C
Banana – Dietary fiber, Protein, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Vitamins A,B&C and various antioxidants