Love is omnipresent. Love your Nation, Love your work, Love your family, Love thyself ! Happy Valentine’s day to all 🙂 Wanna make something quick and healthy to surprise your loved ones ?! Here you go ..
No child would say no to Lollipops. When that Lollipop is healthy and homemade, parents too wouldn’t say no! With nuts and dates as the sole ingredients, this Protein-packed, Iron-rich, Selenium-supplied, Folates-filled snack should be the wise choice for parents-to-be and pregnant ladies too.
This cute lil teddy was presented to me by my roomie Madhana on a Friendship day in my college hostel.
Nuts and Dates Lollipop Recipe – Ingredients
Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 10
Almonds/Badam – 10
Dates – 8 to 10 depending upon sweetness
1.Keep all ingredients ready. Deseed dates and discard the seeds. Add dates to a mixie jar.2.Blend dates well. Take out the dates paste and add almonds,cashews and peanuts. Blend it to a smooth paste.3.In a mixing bowl, add the ground pastes and mix them well using hand. Take small portions and shape them as laddoo balls.4.Insert tooth pick into each ball.Surprise your loved ones with tasty and healthy homemade Lollipops!
- Do opt for softer dates. I used Lion desert King dates.
- You shall serve it as Laddoos skipping toothpicks.
- You shall add Pistachios too.
- You shall oven-fry cashews and almonds before grinding.
- Recommended: Use blanched almonds. Or soak almonds overnight(or 1 hour in warm water), remove the skin, pat dry and dry roast for few mins. It is always wise to skip the skin of Almonds to aid proper digestion and also to help fully absorb the richest nutrients present in it.
Cashew nuts – Selenium, Proteins, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Fiber, Monounsaturated(good) fats, Folates, Vitamin K & anti-oxidants
Almonds – Proteins, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Fiber, Monounsaturated(good) fats, Folic acid, Vitamins B,D&E
Peanuts – Selenium, Proteins, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Fiber, Monounsaturated(good) fats, Folates, Vitamins B&E
Dates – Iron, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Zinc, Dietary Fiber, Folates, Proteins, Vitamins A,B&K