Bored of trying Rice Ada and Paal Ada ?? Try healthy Millet Ada for this Onam !! I always experiment millets in place of rice and maida. This idea of millet ada flashed my mind once my Saamai Ilai Vadaams were successful.
Healthy Millet Ada will add more nutrients to your delicious Ada Pradhaman. That will be my next post for sure 😉 Stay connected!!
Homemade Millet Ada Recipe – Ingredients
Kodo Millet Flour/Varagarisi Maavu – 1/4 cup
Water – 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup
Ghee – Just for greasing
1.Add water to millet flour and mix to form a dosa batter consistency.2.Grease ghee in a plate or banana leaf(Preferred). Pour a ladle of batter and spread like dosa.3.Place the plate in a steamer plate and steam cook for 1 minute.4.Once cooked, remove the plate using tongs. Gently, take off the cooked circle. Repeat this until the batter is over.5.Once cooled, cut it lengthwise. Roll together and cut into small pieces.
That’s it! Homemade healthy Millet Ada is ready !
- To make kodo millet flour(Varagu Maavu) at home, just wash kodo millet(varagarisi), dry in hot sun and grind in mill. Keeps well for 4 months.
- Prefer banana leaf as it demands less greasing. If using plates, you have to grease for every circle.
- Have 2 plates so that when one is cooking, you shall make the other ready.
- While cutting lengthwise, you shall stack 2-4 circles and do it in one shot.
- You shall spread into thin circles to make thin ada.
- Do check the water level in the idli pot often so that the bottom is not burnt lacking water!
Kodo Millet/Varagu – Protein, Vitamins B, Fibre, Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus & other minerals
Leave a Reply