“Multigrains Atta” is fast-selling in supermarkets now. Before popular brands started launching their versions of Multigrains Atta, our grannies were making it, oblivious of patent rights!
Homemade wheat flour is always preferable as we ensure grinding the whole wheat with the outer bran intact. Multigrains is just mixture of grains and the choice of grains vary from person to person. I have just adopted my mom’s choice of grains and here are they…
Multigrains Atta Recipe – Ingredients
Punjabi Wheat – 4kg
Samba Wheat – 2kg
Black Chick peas/Karuppu Sundal kadalai – 250g
Green gram/Pachai(Paasi) Payaru – 250g
White Soya/Idli Soya – 100g
1.Pick out the specks if any. Wash wheat twice.2.Drain the water and transfer to a large plate. Wash chickpeas and white soya.3.Wash green gram. In a clean white cotton cloth, spread wheat and pour out the excess water settled in the plate.4.Dry all grains in sun for 3 days or until completely dried out. Transfer to a container and mix all grains.5.Grind it in a flour mill. Mix well with a ladle and spread in a wide plate or just leave it open until completely cooled.Homemade Multigrains Atta is ready. Store in an airtight container and make your Chapathi, Poori, Roti/Phulka more healthier 🙂
- After grinding in the mill, keep it loosely covered on the way back to home. If you close it tightly, it would sweat!
- Shelf life is 4-5 months. Store 5 kg in a large container and take 1 kg in a separate container for daily use.
- For chapathi, Roti/Phulka, add a tsp of oil and mix well before making dough.
- Do not add soya more than the specified measure as it would make the outcome chewy!
- While drying in sun, you shall mix all grains and dry in a single cloth. I have just placed in separate plates for wind-safety.
- Sieving the flour is optional.
Whole Wheat – Iron, Protein, Fibre, Zinc, Selenium, Folate , Vitamins B&E
Black Chick Peas – Proteins, Dietary Fiber, Potassium and other minerals
Green gram – Protein, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron
White Soya – Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Fibre, Vitamin B & C