Grilled Salmon is a tasty & healthy fish recipe. Spiced Salmon suits our Indian taste buds. Avoid Sockeye Salmon as it has strong flavor. Atlantic wild-caught salmon is a good choice. Grilled salmon can be had as such as starter or pairs well with Indian rice varieties. Salmon fish has become our family fav, after coming to USA. Grilled salmon consumes very less oil, takes less effort and yields tasty fish.
In Pregnancy, Salmon is preferred over Tilapia as salmon fish contains more omega-3 fatty acids(than Tilapia) those are required for brain development of the fetus. Choose organic wild caught Salmon as they tend to add artificial colors to inorganic Salmon. If buying frozen Salmon, check for ingredients to stay away from added colors.
Grilled Salmon Recipe:
- Salmon - 1 full fillet
- Turmeric powder - ⅛ tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp or as per your spice level
- Pepper powder - ¼ tsp or as per your spice level
- Salt - ½ tsp or as required
- Lemon juice - ½ of a small lemon
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
How to grill Salmon fish?:
- Remove the skin of Salmon. It will be easy to tear it off with hand.
- Wash well. Rub it with turmeric powder and again wash well. Turmeric wash will wash away unwanted odor from the fish.
- Cut into desired size. Medium or large squares or rectangles – however you wish, but make it all same size for even cooking.
- Drain the water completely and slightly pat the pieces with tissue to remove excess water.
- In a bowl, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, salt. Add lemon juice incrementally to mix this as a paste(neither too thick nor watery). Do not add water, just use the lemon juice to make it as a paste.
- Apply this paste over each fish piece. No need to spread generously. A thin coating is sufficient.
- Close the bowl and let it marinate for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven in High Broil mode for 10 mins.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to the marinated fish pieces and mix well.
- Arrange them in a greased baking tray or lined with silver foil. Leave ample gaps surrounding each piece.
- Grill it in preheated oven for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, take out the tray, turn each piece to the other side using a spatula/tongs.
- Again grill for 10 more mins.
- Take out the tray from oven and leave it in the hot tray for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins, transfer to a plate or bowl. Scroll below for Tips..
Tips for Salmon grill:
- Do not use more oil as Salmon is an oily fish and will let out oil while cooking.
- Use middle tray in the oven for grilling.
- If you like the skin of Salmon, do not remove the skin.
- If the Salmon is overcooked, it will leave a white stuff oozing out of the fish and that is nothing but fish protein. Discarding or consuming that white part is your choice. Next time, reduce the grilling time to avoid more protein ooze out.
- We don’t add ginger garlic paste to this recipe, as it gives a different taste & texture. We love this recipe without ginger garlic paste. You shall try and decide as per your liking.
- You can use cast iron pan to grill. If using, while preheating, leave oil greased cast iron pan inside the oven. Then, take it out, grease more oil and transfer the fish pieces and grill as per recipe.
- Avoid Sockeye Salmon as it has strong flavor. Atlantic wild-caught salmon is a good choice. Fresh or Frozen – both are good.
- This recipe is just for Salmon. For other fishes, click here to follow my Grilled Pomfret recipe.
Leave a Reply